Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back at home

So, I know I haven't been blogging for over a month now. But there has just been so much craziness going on and a lot of work. And unfortunately, the blog had to suffer. Hopefully, I can get my writing spirit going again.

Right now, I'm in Sweden, visiting my parents. Its not really vacation as I have brought my work with me. My trip is for four wonderful weeks, and I have already spent two of them. The first week I did take off from work, and I spent a couple of days in Stockholm browsing around.

So what can I say about this capital of Sweden, it has changed quite a bit since I last been there over three years ago. More stores and cozy cafe´s. One thing that I do miss in Toronto, is the Swedish cafe´s. No matter how busy you are here, you always have time to sit down with friends or family and have a cup of coffee and something delicious to go with it.

I came back to Sweden right in time for this delicious baked goodie, a Semla. Which is a traditional baked goodie in February, which everyone eats on a particular day, Fettisdag, or like me, every chance you get. Doesn't it look yummy!

This is called a Semla, delicious.

No comments: